Thursday, January 01, 2009

Brandie in Real Life Day 1

If you're bored read on, but please keep in mind that its 12:30 in the morning and I am on night 2 of insomnia.
Once in a while I get an itch to be that poster board mother. While Wade and Luke are out of town for the next week I got a hair-brained idea to take Jake and Zac on a little kid staycation to help pass the time. I thought I had covered all my bases by hunting down the best possible hotel in the area, the one with the indoor pool. Here's a recap of my last few days.
Day 1 - New Years Eve was spent planning out the perfect ring in the new year celebration for the little guys. Friends were secretly invited, games were picked out, junk food was stocked, video was picked up. I had the rest of the day to put away my Christmas decorations which I swear have been mating and multiplying in my basement. I have always taken pride in my 1 hour holiday decor. This year it took me 4. I have become my mother. Anyways, being the type A crazy I am, I simply couldn't just allow that faux tree to stay up for another week, so I enlisted the help of a neighbor boy to help me haul it to the basement. He escaped with only a few minor scrapes and bruises. Suck it up kid.
On to the party. The friends arrived on time and the kids were pleasantly surprised. They quickly wolfed down the 6 hours worth of junk food I had purchased and moved on to the 3 dollar package of 50 glow bracelets. Little boys can turn anything into a light saber. (ps. one of the boys just farted in their sleep) All my planning for time consuming activities were tossed aside for the war between Jedi's and Clones. Oh well, at least they were happy. We rang in the new year trying to light a few dud fireworks in the Spanish Fork wind. I then spent the remainder of the evening fighting off a stomach owie brought on by a bad crab ball.

1 comment:

Ethington Family said...

boy, you are way nicer then me. I always consider doing something extra fun, but it usually ends up; we make cookies, play games, and watch a movie- no friends invited. My kids would like your way much better. :)