Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ok losers, it's time to gloat

The post-game celebration

The battlefield before the showdown

Family joke (They called to tell me they just had dinner at the "Hustler". The sign says 'relax... it's just sex')

Street Fair



Wade and Luke are finally home from their excitement filled trip to the 'Big Easy' so it's time to talk about how astronomically good that game was. Now, I am quite willing to admit that going into this game even we were a bit nervous about how our Utes would perform against the awe inspiring Crimson Tide. After all, when you have a reputation that precedes you like they do, you're bound to be a bit gun shy on the trash talk. Well, not only did Alabama not live up to their reputation, but they barely even showed up for the game! After the first 3 Utah touchdowns in the first quarter I was literally pulling my hair out while sitting in some crappy hotel in Orem. At the same moment in time my boys were standing, jumping, screaming, and cheering on our team from the SuperDome. They report that not one Ute fan sat down for the entire game. To say it was incredible would be the athletic understatement of the year.
Some highlights from their trip are when the clearly enubriated Bama fan tried to pick a fight with Wade in the parking lot, when the clearly enubriated female Ute fan declared "we won the Super Bowl!" after the game, and when the local gal tried to tell Wade she could get Luke a fake ID so they could come into her 'special' club. He said there were about 10 bars to each restaurant so it was very hard to find nourishment unless you wanted it in the barley and hops liquid form. Obviously not the best vacation spot for the fam. Here is a video to make you feel like you were there, and some photo's to make us all jealous. The only thing he wanted me to include in this posting was this....

EAT IT COUGAR FANS! YOU SUCK!!!!!






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I looked through your blog and found similarities and would like to become blog friends.

I have a humble blog here in San Diego and would love it if you came by and visited and commented.

I think you may enjoy the various labels that I have for my High Art blog. I install music videos that I like and keep my writing as real as I can.

I hope to see you soon here.... :)

haley said...

Wow, that's kinda wierd! Will you be my blog friend? Blogstalker!?!

Anyways,So what happened? The Utes won the superbowl? That's freakin awesome! Go indians!!!

Just kiddin, but that's about as much as I follow football. Love the pic of Luke under the Hustler sign. Priceless. Looks like they had a good time! Did Wade let Luke taste any of the local brews?

Alli said...

OK. Ok, seriously, congratulations to you and your team. Ry and I have been eating....what does he call it...crow? Anyway, WAY TO GO! Looks like Wade and Luke had a blast! I do think it's funny though how many Ute fans have all of a sudden emerged?! Suddenly everyone's a Ute fan....perfect season though!

Heidi said...

I think that is so cool that Wade and Luke got tickets to that game how awesome!!Tiffany and I are both planning on the 16th at your house.

Amberlie said...

Sounds like so much fun we missed you guys on new years but they probably had a lot more fun in New Orleans. We will be there on the 16th. Happy New Year

Amberlie said...

Sorry didn't mean to make you jealous or anything, I will make up for it on Friday. Sound good?

Miranda McAfee said...

All I can say is.... I LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!