Friday, December 26, 2008

Belated Merry Christmas






So honestly, yesterday was the best Christmas ever. For the first time in history we stayed home for the whole day! No running around to different parties and such. We decided early on and gave everyone notice that we were staying put this year. The kids loved it and so did we. We were still up at 6 AM but the rest of the day was spent programming Ipod touches and Nano's, building lego cars, playing Guess Who, and PSP, and eating. The grandparents all came to visit us at different times of the day and we fed them for their effort. Wade and I even caught a nap in the afternoon. A 2 hour nap!!! (Now that's a long winters nap) We were woken up by the kids trying to kill each other with their new boxing gloves. Might have been a lapse in Santa's judgement. Oh well, at least they got some exercise! I hope all of you had an equally lovely Holiday. I'm still in bed now watching the snow fall (another 6 inches to add to our 12) after having to take Wade to work at 7:30 (stupid girly car). It is quiet and beautiful and the madness will begin shortly. Love you all. PS to Mom, Dad, Josh and Lynsey - Have fun in Hawaii!

2 comments:

haley said...

Doesn't staying home make for the best Christmas? I totally agree! We stay home every year and i love it! The grandparents will get over it someday. Oh well. I'm jealous of your 2 hour nap. That could never happena at my house.

Ethington Family said...

Holy cow, your boys have grown up so much. It makes me miss them. I am sure they don't remember me, but tell them hello for me anyway. They are such good looking boys.
mary