Saturday, January 03, 2009

Brandie in Real Life Day 4

Since this is the last day of my pathetic little vacation, it will also be the last day of this pathetic little journal. Must fill you in on the remainder of last night though. I was asleep at the decent hour of 11:00 only to be woken at 1:00 by Zac talking in his sleep, and 3:00 by Zac dancing with the floor lamp. Don't know what that kid ate before bedtime, but it's a no no. The game ended stupendously as you all know. My BYU friends know who they are and know if they owe me an apology. Ha Ha. I will post on the game when Wade and Luke get home with all their surely fabulous pictures.

Day 4 - Slept in a bit, grabbed our crappy continental breakfast, dealt with family emergency over the phone for a few hours, then hit the road. Our goal was Jumping Jacks in Springville for our final hurrah. I knew I needed to be prepared for that kind of insanity, so I grabbed some coffee at the Art City Coffee shop and a good book to take with me. Apparently it was white trash day at the Jumping Jacks (ha ha, I accidentally typed that Humping Jacks and had to go back and fix it) ((lonely wife syndrome)) because I have never seen so much camo and butt crack in my entire life. I grabbed the cleanest possible spot on the couch, away from all the snot-nosed brats bullying other children and hid beneath my pages. I courageously made it through 2 hours, the kids were done, so we headed home. Can I just jump on my soap box for a minute and say "For the love of god, could you please check on your kids occasionally as you while away your weekend at the local jumping place!" I don't know how many times I had to grab some BYU shirt wearing, dirty faced, holes in socks kid and tell them to not steal the balls that my son had just paid for to play basketball with! Arghhhhh! There I'm done.

When we arrived home from Orem which had absolutely no new snow, I was welcomed by about 6 - 8 inches in my driveway. I told Jake he was the man of the house and to get started. He didn't buy it so I had to gas up the old snow blower and do it myself. Oh, poor me. I realize how completely snotty that sounds. At least I have a snow blower. I am very grateful for it.

End of trip. End of Mother of the Year Week. Back to the bitter old woman I normally am.

6 comments:

Ethington Family said...

you are so funny. My kids would die of shock if I did all that with them. When Brett leaves for hunts (which is kind of often) I try and make it fun for the kids and myself. Sometimes I let them stay up late. Other times I let them choose whatever they want for dinner. If I'm feeling really nice I'll rent a movie and let them watch it on a school night. When Brett is gone for his 2 week hunts, then I might bend into semi-fun mom and take them to a movie, or just get a babysitter and go myself. All depends on my mood. haha. You definetly win some kind of award though. Take care!

haley said...

You should keep writing. I would keep reading. It's hilarious!
BTW, I think everyday at Humping Jacks is white trash day. I took the girls there last week and it was pretty gross!
So maybe i missed this, but why are Wade and Luke in NO? a game? I don't follow sports. And where did you go that didn't have a pool? A local hotel?
We gotta plan our January girls night w/ Lindsay! What should we do? Dinner and a movie is always good, or have you got any different ideas?

haley said...

Bunco on the 16th should be fine for me. I haven't seen Benjamin Button yet either (Carly said it's really good) but i'll bet Lindsay has!
What would you think of dinner and shopping in Park city? We could look for some real life(live?) movie stars since it's the Sundance FF.

Lindsay Murdock said...

I think Park City would be awesome!! What date were you thinking?? I need to make sure I have it off work.

Lindsay Murdock said...

Oh and I bet Kristen or Rob will be there! Kristen was last year! Did you want to catch a movie while we're there? I can get a booklet that says what at the festival!!

shuggy said...

you crack me up!!! what an adventure!!!