Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Love Story


On this, the 17th Anniversary of my wedding I find myself reminiscing about the love Wade and I have shared together. To say that I love my husband would be a bit of an understatement. I love my dog, I love chocolate, but I could give either of those things up with no repercussions. My husband though is literally my right hand. Sure, we have had some crappy times in our marriage. We made it through those times by finding some middle ground to meet on and never giving up. We always have each others backs (and fronts to if you know what I mean).


When I think about what life would have been like without him I literally cannot go there. My life would cease without him. He is my best friend, my lover, my partner in parenting, my soul mate, and believe it or not, sometimes my girlfriend if I really need it.

I know that in the last 17 years I have changed a lot. I have had 3 children move in to my body, take up residency for 9 months, only to move out and leave behind a little luggage. My husband still manages to make me feel like the prettiest girl in the world. I am secure in the knowledge that he will never trade me in for a younger model, and I hope he has that wisdom also.


I want to express to him this day how much I appreciate all the little things he does. Like going to work everyday, playing board games with the kids when i'm wiped out, remembering to not splash the bathroom mirror with toothpaste, sending me flowers unexpectedly, and most of all teaching our boys how to become men like him someday. I love you more than life, and hope you will never forget it.

We have had alot of 'our songs' in our romance, but this was our first.

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Happy Anniversary - You are a great wife.

Alli said...

Wow! You have me all teary over here! I love "love stories"...thanks for sharing yours! Happy anniversary guys!

haley said...

You got teary over Gracies slideshow, and i got teary over you love story. Now we're even!
I'm such a boob. I cried today when a lady in a car pulled over and gave a homeless man food from Wendy's. Anyways...
17 years is becoming a rarity these days. That's an awesome accomplishment. It's probably even more of an accomplishment because you guys are happier now than ever!
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your B&B stay!

You really should look into writing. Your very good. No Joke.

Anonymous said...

It's a very nice feeling to have happy children!!!!!! Thanks you guys. Love from me----- Mom P

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary! 17 years is very impressive. You guys are very cute together.