Friday, January 02, 2009

Brandie in Real Life Day 3

First a few disclaimers. The reason there are no pictures to accompany these posts is because the camera is with the boys in New Orleans. They better be making good use of it. Secondly, after re-reading my midnight posts from last night I realized they might have a bit of a negative tone. My suspicions were realized when Wade called me first thing this morning and asked me if I was OK! I am much more mentally stable today, so here goes.

Day 3 - I finally got a bit of sleep last night, about 4 hours, so with good use of my laptop I came up with a game plan for the day. We headed off to the Lehi Legacy Aquatic Center. This place is awesome. Slides, lazy rivers, lap pools, basketball hoops, hot tubs, the works. All for $3 - $5 per person. We got so prunie we had to take a lunch break to let our skin return to its previous condition. We stole 4 hours of entertainment from them. That's about $1 per hour. Nice!

By the time we got home we were pretty bushed. I caught a 30 minute power nap while the kids played quietly (right, whatever) with their Nintendo's and PSP's. We had a nice dinner at Chili's and then retired to our room to watch the Sugar Bowl. Currently the Utes are ahead 21 - 10. Go Utes! I just hope they haven't peaked too soon. Men sometimes have that problem. Pace yourself boys. Slow and steady wins the race.
We're still tossing around a few ideas for tomorrow, the last day of our staycation. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: