Sunday, December 14, 2008

One kid, two colors

Yesterday was a busy one for me. Up at 7:00 AM to get Jake weighed in for his tournament, and home at 11:00 PM from the Nutcracker. Just wanted to share some of the joy that I had yesterday. Jake had a wrestling tournament in which he took first place. He had two pretty tough matches, then one in which he pinned the boy in about 20 seconds. Way to go buddy! Here he is, skinny little turd.
After that was over we ran home to get gussied up. He was my date for our annual Nutcracker outing at Capitol Theater. This was his first time seeing it so I was very curious to see his reaction. Needless to say the art support at our house pretty much starts and ends with me so it was fun to share this with him. We went with Gma and Gpa Reece and Lynsey Lou. Nick was there too but busy putting out fires and dealing with work issues.

We had a great time. When asked what his favorite part was he responded "the smoke, the cannons, guns and pirates" so basically he enjoyed the pyrotechnics and the Russians, I think. Big surprise. He is still a boy. Ballet West has a new female lead, and little tiny asian girl from Hawaii that is absolutely fabulous! If you have a chance to catch a performance I would highly recommend it. She is so graceful, yet strong and uber-confident. Jason Linsley performed a very solid duet also. (Hope I spelled that right) We were very proud of him. Great job everyone!

1 comment:

haley said...

I'm jealous! I love the Nutcracker. That's cool you got Jake to go with you. What a sport!