Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Festival of Trees Opening Night




Ok, double posting today because last night was one of my favorite nights of the year. Opening night of the Festival of Trees where we get to dress up, scope out the best tree, and push over Donald Trump look alikes to get the winning bid. Honestly I just like the festive atmosphere, getting to wear something pretty, and spending time with my parents and sis. We got a very cute tree courtesy of Dad's work who foots the bill for our entertainment. The best tree of the night was undoubtedly a tree with about a hundred blown glass discs with lights shimmering behind them. The winning bid was $26,000.00. Holy Crow! Someone hasn't felt the hit of the bad economy! Here's a few pix of us in all our formal glory.

6 comments:

Alli said...

How fun! Isn't it fun to get dressed up and go do something fun with your favorite peeps?! You look gorgeous!

haley said...

You look HOT! Nice dress! I didn't realize the festival of trees was a dress up thing. Just opening night I'm guessing?

Anonymous said...

Mom is going to kill you! I think I can see her tonsil stones. lol

Miranda McAfee said...

Very Fun. My Mom, Kelly and I are going to the festival today. Can't wait to see all the fun trees.

Amberlie said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Especially the dressed up part.

Unknown said...

Ah.. So fun to be reading your blog and come upon the pics of all you guys at the Festival of Trees. Mom & Dad look happy again, and the pic of You, Lynsey and Mom is gorge!