Friday, August 15, 2008

Reliving my childhood























So, once in a while you get the itch to relive a part of your childhood. For me this meant taking my family camping at Palisades National Park in the Manti-Lasal Forest. I have always wanted my children to experience some of the joys that I remember having there as a child. 

We were there for 4 days and 3 nights (in tents mind you). We swam in the lake, played some golf, rented a paddle boat for the day, caught numerous tadpoles and frogs, cooked in the dutch oven, and played cards by firelight. Blissfully there was no cell phone service up there so the techie boys in my clan were forced to interact with each other.

We had alot of fun together spending time as a family. Even Lexi had a good time, she loved being able to tag along on the family vacation. Make sure you check out the priceless video of Wade in pure unadultered fun. Can you say Hee Hoo?

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to try it one day. I've heard lots of good things about Palisades. I also LOVE the video - made me laugh.