Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my front porch


My front porch in the summertime is one of my favorite places on earth. I love my flowering pots, my wicker furniture, my blooming hostas, and my bubbling fountain. It is always shady and cool. It is a great place to read a book, visit with neighbors, or just appreciate the renewal that nature gives us every year. It is truly at it's best when the lawn has been freshly mowed, the porch has been squirted off, and the sprinklers are on. That's when all the sights, sounds, and smells of summer surround me and envelope me in true bliss.... Drop by anytime, I'd love to have you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

From the gal with a concrete slab for a front porch (surrounded by dirt and weeds..oh, the joy of a new house) to the cousin with a little front porch oasis: I am green with envy. Cute blog right back at ya. Check in any time.