Sunday, August 17, 2008

Deep thoughts for a blonde

Ok, to fill some time and space I'm going to take a page from my beautiful sis-in-laws blog and copy one of my favorite entries of hers. Here goes....

I believe...that god only gives us what we can handle. If you face something that's too overwhelming for you than you need to rethink who's in charge here.
I am angered...by a recent e-mail I received about how plastic grocery bags are killing our environment and some of my favorite ocean creatures. Do you realize the average family throws away 8 - 10 a week and they never really decompose! It's paper and canvas for me baby! (sorry about the soabbox moment)
I love...My family: immediate, extended, steps, ex's, greats, I love them all. They make up the twisted, colorful, and soft fabric of our lives. 
I also love...When my house is clean, my refrigerator stocked, my laundry done, my kids happy and a really great book waiting for me.
I need...to be more patient, more spontaneous, and less OCDish.
I take...my childrens toddler years for granted. I get so focused on getting them potty trained, sleeping through the night, and off to school that I am probably missing out on a whole lot of precious stuff.
I hear...the incessant beeps of monitors and alarms while here at work. Quiet please I'm trying to play!
I drink...entirely too much Tea. I know it's supposed to be a no no but if that's my only vice surely god can over look it right? 
I hate...pee splashes on toilets and floors. How hard is it to hit a 12 inch round circle of water boys?
I hope...that I am doing a good job as a mother and wife and that my families lives are better because I am a part of them.
I use...way to much water on my lawn. The neighbors think its blasphemy but since when do I care what they think? That's why my lawn looks like a golf course and theirs looks like a hay field.
I want...my dog to stop leaking on me when she falls into a deep sleep. (yes the yellow kind)
I wear...swimsuits that are much too revealing for a body like mine, but I love the feel of the sun baking my skin, so the rest of you are just going to have to learn to avert your eyes.
I do...my best with what I have. Sure I would like more, wouldn't we all, but I truly believe that money never buys happiness. (Just great clothes, cars, and houses)
I dream...about someday becoming wealthy enough to spend at least half my time on a little house right on the beach. Any and all donations to this dream are welcome.
I drive...A Land Rover and I love everything about it except for the stinking 17 mpg with gas at $4.00 plus.
I listen...to every type of music imaginable. Guns n' Roses, to Tchaikovsky, to Keith Urban, to Beastie Boys. I love them all. They all have a place in my life depending on my mood and what type of groove I want to get on. 
I know...alot less than people think. No I can't fix your child who has just broken his skull open on the sidewalk. I'm a Respiratory Therapist not a nurse. Call me when he stops breathing.
I type...slower than I used to thanks to these fake nails! (also less accurately)
I think...that this blog is revealing way too much about me.
I wish...that I had enough money and time to show my children the world. Every country and every culture. I think that is the best education money can buy.
I am...very materialistic. There I admitted it. I'm the blonde MILF who drives the Land Rover with the Prada purse, fake nails, designer jeans, and the tiny white dog as a sidekick. You might as well call me the over-age wannabe Paris Hilton. (I also happen to really like all these things so bite me judgers) 
I regret...not writing down every single funny thing my kids said and did as they were growing up. My mom told me time and time again to do it, but did I listen, of course not.
I said...that Lake Powell is a no make-up zone so if you ever come with me don't bring it or you will lose it. (Justin's girlfriends are not exempt from this rule)
I wonder...If someday I will do something miraculous that will change someone's life forever.
I cry...when I hear of a child being lost, hurt, or lonely. Did you hear the one of the 4 year old sleepwalking out of the hotel while on vacation with his family and ending up sleeping under their van? Trippy.
I lose...my temper way too often. 
I leave...my doors open when I leave my house. ( oops you probably shouldn't know that)
I should...shut up now while I still have friends and family that will associate with me.

If you too have deep thoughts feel free to share them with me in the comments section.

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

I love things like this. I try not to do it too often but I like that we find out more about you. This blog isn't all about your kids.