Saturday, May 05, 2012

Luke's Junior Prom

Prom. It's a rite of passage for teenagers. It's a night to be a Princess, or a Prince in this case. Drive your parents nicest car. Go out for a nice dinner with a beautiful girl on your arm. "Dance your ass off" in the words of Kevin Bacon. And create memories for a lifetime. Luke and his best friend Lewis started their day date by going to lunch at Costa Vida and going bowling with their dates. Then it was time to don the monkey suit. Boy did he look good! No obnoxious neon colors for this kid. He was all class and swagger in his black and silver. 



Time to grab your corsage, snap a few quick pix with your parents...


 and go fetch the ladies!


 We bullied them into a quick stop at Promenade then off they went to the Riverside Country Club for a nice quiet dinner, then to Sundance where Prom was being held.


They all had a good time. It's good to take a friend to things like this so you can have fun without all the pressure of a serious date. 

Oh wait, one more thing. Luke is a very independent little turd. If it's not his idea... it's not an idea. I try to give him suggestions for dates etc but he never takes my advice. He wants to do it his way.  To ask this cute little lady to Prom, he gave her a live chicken with a poster that said "You'd be chicken not to go to Prom with ME!"
She answered with a bucket full of KFC and a poster that read "The Colonel says I'm no chicken... and he KNOWS chicken!" Hilarious :)


1 comment:

Ethington Family said...

I can't believe how much he as grown up! He is so good looking! I still remember him playing "football" with me in my apartment. I missed seeing him get so grown up! So glad to see you guys so happy! Your room looks awesome! I really like the look!
Hope all continues to go well! You are such a cute family! I know Luke doesn't remember me, but tell him I say "hi". I almost named Jeb, Luke, just because he really made me like that name :) Take care!
Mary