Monday, May 07, 2012

Fickle, Fickle Girl


I like to believe that I have a tiny little interior design bone in my body. One of the many places I choose to exercise this little bone is in my Master Bedroom. We have been in our house now for about 13 years & in that time I have remodeled/redesigned/redecorated my room 3 times. (I get bored easily) Thankfully I have a very tolerant husband that hands over the check book and lets me do whatever I want. 

Room #1 Circa 1998 
Room #1 was clearly very 90's. The furniture, even thought it was only a queen size bed, was WAY to big for the room. Rookie mistake. The walls were also very dark and confining. Lesson learned.

Room #2 Circa 2005
 Room #2 was perhaps the biggest transformation as we ripped out the carpet and laid bamboo flooring.  We had just returned from a vacation to Cozumel, MX so you can see the tropical feel followed me home. I adored this bedroom for a very long time, but alas.... I got bored again!



Room #3 Circa 2012
Room #3 is perhaps a bit more sophisticated and romantic. I love the mirror nightstands, fur throw, and pop of yellow in the throw pillows. I'm still not in love with the duvet, but it was a temporary fix. I couldn't put lime green back in there now could I? I also love our new King size bed. FINALLY after 20 years of marriage we get to stretch out a bit. I treasure this every single night. It didn't take up nearly as much toom as I thought it would, mostly because I chose a very concise shantung silk headboard with rails.  No footboard saved a ton of space!
After chatting with a friend at work about where I find deals on Furniture, linens, etc (Overstock, Wayfair, My Habit) she encouraged me to post all 3 pix so she could see the transformation. There you go Natalie! Let me know when you find a great buy on a chandelier, I still need one!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I literally walked in the door from applying my second coat of stain onto a bed set my mother in-law gave us. I will have to post pictures when I'm finished with it but I thought of you when my interior decorating wheels starting turning in my head.
I love your bedroom. It feels so classy, warm, and like you said...romantic.
It is so neat to watch the transformation over the years. Now in 5 years, I request another post like this.
Keep the decorating posts comin'. I love to see the changes. I like you have to switch things up. I just don't have a husband who will hand over the money because there is no money ha ha. Someday....

Jen said...

Love that headboard! Cute!