Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy Christmas

As I reflect on this Christmas past, I wonder why I didn't mind when my sweet hubby didn't want to put lights on the house. Why I didn't feel like decorating the entire house with the 6 trees that reside in my basement. Why it took me until Dec 20th to get all the obligatory Christmas cards in the mail. Why I didn't stress about the details so much. Is it a bad thing? I begin with a quote from Dr. Seuss that I believe sums it up quite nicely...


Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas … perhaps … means a little bit more!”


Maybe it means seeing my 16 year old on Santa's lap.




Maybe it means seeing my mother in law engaging ALL of her grand children (even the skeptical teens) in a silly game.


Maybe it means watching the boys and their cousins sit n' bounce the night away.

Maybe it means spontaneous displays of brotherly affection.

Maybe it means having something snuggly for Christmas Eve after a long night.

Maybe it means loving those who can't tell you how much they love you back.



All of these things are the moments I will remember when looking back on this Holiday season. The moments, not the momentos. The people, not the purchases. The love, not the loot.

Happy Christmas.... Happy 2012!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Looks like you Walkers had a great Holiday season!

Jodi Collins said...

Very sweet. Merry Christmas and I think your right!