Friday, March 02, 2012

Yep I'm 40, and loving it!


They say that 40 is old. They say that the prime of your life is over. They say it's time to start dressing and acting your age. They say that your 40th Birthday should be one of the hardest days of your life. They say a lot of things.... and I buck the system every time.

40 for me means a really great excuse to get together with those that I love, those who have raised me and made me the lady I am today, have grown up alongside me, have gone to school with me, have worked alongside me, have laughed and cried with me through the good and the bad. 40 is a celebration. 40 is great. 40 is a perfect time to be altogether much spunkier and hotter than society says is normal. 40 IS FABULOUS!



I also happen to be the luckiest girl in the world. I have done something right in life because I have the most doding, adorable, and thoughtful husband on the planet. Life has also blessed me and brought me a kindred spirit in a new friend, Dominique. A friend who is so eerily similar to me that our kids often mistake us for one another. A friend who willingly devotes months of time, talent, and love into planning this bash for me.



I know that normally on this little blog of mine it is all about the kids. Well today I am officially having a selfish moment. It is MY BLOG after all. So you are about to be bombarded with multiple photo's of what has become arguably the best night of my life! Brace yourself to be wowed.

Flowers were everywhere, in my favorite colors, including hydrangeas which happen to be my personal favorite, and included fabulous black feathers and a bit of bling!

My '40' montage, complete with tons of black and white photo's of my entire life! Brilliant right?


The cutest dang candy dishes ever. Notice the labels. 40 can 'kiss' my ass. 40 and still 'hot'. And not pictured here 40 'blows' with blow pops!

As guests arrived they were given a goody bag to take home later (full of chocolate of course in silver and hot pink) and attached were drink tickets. Magically keeping the bar tab at a reasonable rate!







Guests started arriving... among them my High School Besties!!!


My new lady friend Besties!!!


My Bestie from school and work!



And flown in just for me, my baby Sister. I was totally shocked, hysterical, cried like a baby, as did everyone in the room. I miss my Sister more than anything, so surprise time spent with her is priceless to me.

Among many, many others that the camera didn't touch. We had a banquet room full of fun loving people. Bring on the band!!!

And LET'S DANCE!!! (Footloose quote)



AND SING!!!



AND BE HAPPY!

My personal favorite of the night. My cake! The cutest thing ever. Totally captures my personality. 3 delicious flavors to behold. Compliments of 'Salt Cake City'. Will totally be utilizing their talents again someday. I may never bake a birthday cake again!

And because it also happened to be Wade's birthday that very day, Dominique had a special poker style cake to surprise him with.

And that is the point in your life where you realize that life is pretty darn good. Good friends, good times, so many memories to cherish. I am truly grateful for anyone and everyone that had a part in creating this spectacle for me. I loved every moment. My only regret was that it couldn't go on for days and days. So do as I do... Embrace 40 for what it is... FABULOUS!!!

4 comments:

Carly said...

A night that will never be forgotten! 40 looks good on you my dear. Thanks again for having us.

Natalie said...

I LOVE this post. I think its great that you embraced turning 40. I honestly wouldn't have guessed you were. You are still youthful in your sexy looks and darling personality.
I love working with you. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Charlie and JD said...

Happy 40th! You look amazing! Hope you had a wonderful day!

walkerfamily said...

Thanks ladies... And Carly, I have been black listed from viewing your blog. How does a girl get an invite?!?