Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Palm Springs Recap and Twerd News

I did plenty of posting with all of my extra time while on vacation. Upon returning home life took over and I haven't had time until now to add the pictures. We had a great week relaxing, sunning, shopping, laughing, sleeping, eating, going to movies, walking together, and exploring the area. Palm Springs had some really great architecture, but we really loved the Palm Desert area the most. It's easy to see why so many people flock there for retirement. We even had fun driving. A road trip is a much different experience without kids on board. We took our time (at 90+ mph) and saw what we wanted to see. It's not a real razzle dazzle place, but definitely great for what Wade needed at the time which was some R & R. Here's a few of the highlights:


Road trippers my hunk of a man getting some sun
Chillin in the sun with the tunes (I look like a railroad worker)
the beautiful Pool
Jazzy tail lights
View from our balcony
I'm happy because we're shopping, he's happy because he's not at work
Geriatric Boobies
Spending the day at Newport Beach.
Me making a U2 sign in front of a Joshua Tree.
Desert Blooms

On to the next post.

Everyone knows what an old lady I am. I am usually dead asleep by 10:30 PM and not awake until 8:00 AM. So when Haley called me at 10:00 on Friday night and said "get dressed, we're going to Wal-Mart in Draper" I politely told her to kiss mine. She then proceeded to explain why and I was suddenly on board. Rachelle LeFevre who played bad Vampiress Victoria in the Twilight Movie was supposed to be there signing DVD's and she had us an in through a relative of a friend. I wasn't even going to buy the movie because I definitely wasn't gaga over it, but it sounded like fun. I jammed a hat on my head and off we went. When we got there this is what awaited us. I will not even try to estimate the crowd size. Let's just say it was Ginormous.
After making a few phone calls we were quickly whisked to the front of the line where we proceeded to stand about 5 feet away from Rachelle for 2 hours. She was so sweet and gracious to all the fans. She was only supposed to sign for 15 minutes but 2+ hours later she was still there. She is absolutely gorgeous to boot.
Here is me, Haley, and Lindsey, fellow Twerd's enjoying the moment. Rachelle is literally right behind us. That policeman in the khaki shirt is guarding her.
Needless to say, I bought a signed copy of the DVD and have really enjoyed watching the deleted scenes and interviews and stuff. A bunch of us watched the movie and pigged out on junk food at Haleys the next night. It was a blast making snide comments about the movie. I hope I didn't drive anyone too crazy. I just hate bad acting and special effects. Everyone should be proud of me I was up past midnight 2 nights in a row. It's a record. Thanks Hay for all our crazy nights! I love ya.

6 comments:

Alli said...

Wow that's pretty cool! She's (victoria) is gorgeous...I love her hiar. Looks fun. Your trip looked fun too, especially the day at the beach!

Lindsay Murdock said...

Oh it was fun!! You guys should have stayed a like 30 more minutes and you could have shaken her hand!!

P.S. that shirt on me is SO not flattering!!

haley said...

Okay is that your 2nd blogstalker or do you know that guy?? Weird!
It's about damn time we see some pix of your vaca. Love the jazzy taillights! Hilarious.
I'll be the first to admit that the biology scene is laughable BUT could you chalk it up to bad writing and directing? It's not all Rob's fault. They are the ones who let him look like he wants to blow chunks. Yeah and the special effects sucked rocks but what do ya expect with puny budget like they had? You loved it! and you know it!
Good times!
Shutting now!

Nick and Tiffany said...

So fun!!! I've debated whether to buy the movie or not. My sis-in-law and I had too much fun making fun of the overacting during the movie so I don't know. But it will make for some good girls nights!! Glad you guys had fun on your vacay!! It was good to see you last night too!! :)

walkerfamily said...

Wow, a bonified blogstalker. I'm so flattered. Thanks for all you're constructive comments friends!

Tiffany said...

I have to say that I love you funny comments throughout the movie. I too hate bad acting and you comments make the movie better for me.