Saturday, February 07, 2009

Feel My Pain

I have been a naughty lazy blogger lately. Not much to write about in the long lazy days of winter. As a special treat I thought I would subject you all to a pictorial of my life living in a house full of boys. PS all of these photos were taken on a Saturday morning, un-altered and un-encouraged.

Apparently at our house you will die of a poisonous ingestion if you eat the edges of a pop-tart. My kids call them the 'crust' and will not touch them.

Next we have the graveyard of army guys, monopoly pieces, and Chewbacca thrown in for good measure. There was a very bloody war last night and this is the battlefield leftovers.


This is one of my daily struggles. Can we all see the coat rack on the wall with the coats strategically placed on the floor beneath it to drive me to the brink of insanity?


Here we have the remnants of the last Indianapolis 500. Losers on the Left. My little guys are constantly asking for new cars. They each have a box of 100 so I tell them that they must retire an old one before getting a new. It takes hours to decide who to send to the junkyard.


This is the handy-dandy candy wrapper deposit station located behind Luke's bed. He's waiting for the plastic fairy to come clean it all up for him.



When boys become teenagers they aren't happy with cookies for their sleepovers anymore. They have to have a 12 pack of the sugariest, most caffeinated beverage available to man. Then they drink it all down in one night between 2 people.



And finally the piece-de-resistance. What house with boys is complete without the little yellow drops of sunshine to be found on every porcelain surface throughout the entire house. This is just a sampling and is not for the faint of heart.


Thanks for enjoying my gallery. I truly hope there was no picture induced vomiting. Comments are welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! Please show this to Luke's girlfriend ASAP! That should be enough BC(birth control) for at least another year or so.

You seriously crack me up. I love yellow sunshine too...Aim boys Aim!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

hey- i found your blog through Haleys- hope you don't mind!

my house is full of boys and although my oldest is only 4 I am starting to see some of these "trends" coming out! I'm scared! :)

our blog is private so if you want, email me and I'll send an invite! slbanks00@gmail.com

Jen said...

Hilarious (and very discouraging for those of us just staring out with the adventure that is parenting a boy). Maybe I can print your pics as flashcards to incorporate into some kind of anti-gross boy shock therapy.

haley said...

I'm glad Sam found you. Her blog is really cute. Unlike you and I, she is a great blogger. She updates almost every day.
I have to say I love your topic. Very Creative. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in a house full of boys. Maybe I'll have to do a post of what it's like to live with all girls. Poor Jayson! Somehow I don't think it would have quite the same effect.
But the toilet pic made me glad I have girls.

Tiffany said...

I feel your pain. I not only live in a house full of boys now, but was raised in one also. I am the only girl of five children. Maybe that is why almost nothing makes me sick. You blog is always so entertaining to me. Oh by the way Happy Birthday whenever it was. Heidi tried to get ahold of me in time to do lunch with y'all. I was bummed out that I missed it. Maybe next time.

Jodi Collins said...

Funny......Just be glad you aren't living in a house full of PMS's teenage girls!