Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Frozen Snotsicles

On this beautiful spring like day, I though I would take the opportunity to remind you how grateful you are for the sunshine. A few weeks ago we sluffed church and went skiing as a family for the day. Now I know I don't need a very good excuse to sluff church, sore toe, tickly throat, new movie release etc. but this actually was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We decided to form our own new church dubbed "The church of the Sunday afternoon snow carvers". If you would like to join you must call ahead for reservations. (The Land Rover only holds 7). Here are some pix of our first meeting. The opening hymn was "Oh How Lovely was the Morning" and the prayer was given by Mother Nature.

Zac's second time but already rippin it up

Mr. Cool Luke
Me, Wade and Zac on the lift (imagine the tangling of apparatus's as we all disembarked)

My hero and snowboard coach extraordinare

Luke and Jake on their own for most of the day

All went well for our first meeting. No injuries were incurred. Nobody fell off the lift which is a miracle if you ask my big brother. Apparently I spent a lot of my childhood Saturday's on the slopes falling off of chairlifts and having to be rescued by the resort staff. (Don't ask me how this happened) I now am acutely aware of how far down it is and am constantly telling Zac to stop bouncing the chair to which he responds "You're such a wimp Mom". It sucks when you're not you're 5 year old's hero anymore. I'll just stop feeding him for a few day's to remind him how much he likes me.

5 comments:

Nick and Tiffany said...

I'm the wimp of my family!! I usually end up on the lift by myself cuz my hubby and brother-in-law don't like sharing with me :) Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Jen said...

That's my kind of sabbath. Oh, to have children old enough to do fun things with (not that playdoh isn't fun, but...)

haley said...

Nice title for your post. I think I just threw up a little bit.

I'll join your church anytime. Except I'll be in the lodge sipping chai while observing.

Jodi Collins said...

I'm with you on the idea of sluffing church - but I wish it were a Sunday on the boat. Sounds like fun!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

looks like a bunch of pro's!