Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Lexi Lou!!!


Today we celebrated the first birthday of our little lady. She got all gussied up in her party dress, ate some birthday cake (the K9 variety made of peanut butter and carrots), and opened presents. The only moment of clarity that told me I may be out of my mind is when I asked Wade to hold her still for a photo op and he replied "I don't want any one on that blog to know I had anything to do with this." Ok, so I may be putting a little pressure on her to fulfill that female offspring need in my life. She doesn't seem to mind, as long as there is treats involved. Happy Birthday baby girl. (I promise I won't make you wear that dress again for a long time)


7 comments:

Alli said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny!

haley said...

I would laugh and make fun of you, but that would be hypocritical. I'm guilty of the same thing. Before we had kids, we would give our dogs birthday parties and treats. What did Lexi get? Our dogs never got more than a chew toy or something.

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love her dress. And no you are not ridiculous.

Lindsay Murdock said...

That is so cute!! I want another dog! I have a weiner dog named Oscar...but I want a Golden Retreiver to! Dumb dad for hating dogs!! The second I move out I'm getting another!! See you Monday night!!

Amberlie said...

How cute I love the dress. Does she realize how lucky she is to have a Mom like you? If not you better let her know. I would also laugh and make fun of you but my mom would do the same thing.

Heidi said...

Lexi is so cute and lucky to have such a good family! Poor Lily she is jelous! That dress is so adorable.

Jodi Collins said...

I think your crazy - thats all I have to say.