Saturday, October 18, 2008

The musings of a beachsick girl

I have been feeling very beachsick this week because this is usually the week my family spends in California. I guess you really take something for granted when you get to do it every year, and then suddenly one year it's gone. No big reason we didn't go, just busy, and mom and dad have had a lot of other trips this year. Hopefully next year we'll get back.

I needed a way to purge my sad feelings so I thought reminiscing with some old photo's and memories on my blog would be a good way to do it. The first pic is of us group reading a book out on the back porch watching the surf. The second is a sunset pic of our sandcastle efforts for that day.

This is the day that we bullied Lyndsey into making her famous guacamole and we ate it for lunch in the sand. It's a tradition and an oh-so-good one. Don't ask me how a girl can stay that skinny when she's such a good cook. Some other traditions are dinner at Fisherman's Wharf, morning walks and bike rides to the coffee shop for muffins and mocha's, smore's and bonfires on the beach, falling asleep to the sound of the crashing waves, having friends over for dinner who live in Cali, and just enjoying each other's company.

This is a pic of my boys and uncle Josh stacking rocks at Dana Point. Grandpa is there too but he had to take the picture. There's so many things that I love about this vacation that I couldn't possibly tell them all. I think the crux of it though is beach and family. My long time goal in life is to someday have a little beach cottage somewhere in the world to call my own. I will take my boys and their wives and children there and we will try to reenact all the beautiful memories that my parents have created for me. If ever get a terminal disease my family better know me well enough to take me to live out my days there. (Yes, just like 'Beaches' with Bette Midler) Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Can you believe I have been to the beach twice in my whole life?? You asked about Its Always Sunny In Philidelphia right? Its a series on FX that is freaking hillarious. VERY dry crude humour. Tivo it:) You ready for Bunko this weekend?