Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bright Lights, Big City


So, you all know how busy our lives are with sports hopping. Last night we had the chance to fulfill a childhood dream for one of our boys. One of Jake's double header Saturday afternoon games got rained out last month, so last night we had the make-up games. They were in Lehi at 5:30 and 7:30 so mostly in the dark. Jake was so excited to play under the 'big lights' that you would have thought it was the World Series.


It was freezing cold, about 40 degrees, so we really had to bundle up. He didn't even notice the cold. He was so serious and macho about the whole thing. Apparently those lights erase a multitude of senses.


Zac and I toughed it out as long as we could, but finally ended up in the car for the last game. (Don't judge me, I know all about toughing out the elements for the sake of your child. I'm fighting a 2 week old cold, OK.)

1 comment:

haley said...

Kudos to you for braving 40 degree weather!
Cute hat! I shoulda bought me one, then I wouldn't have to borrow Carlys all the time.