Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Fabulous Fall

Fall, fall beautiful fall. One of my favorite times of year. I love getting out my favorite jeans and sweaters, making soup, having a little break from the boys sports, making jam, and putting up fall decorations. It's just so cozy and fun. One of my favorite days of the year is the first day it's cold enough to turn on the fireplace, drink a mocha, and wear sweats all day. We as a family have a tradition of spending a family night going to a pumpkin farm to pick our own pumpkins then we go to dinner at the kids favorite place "One Man Band" (don't ask because I couldn't tell you).


This year we visited the Jakers field in Springville. What a bargain. Any pumpkin in the field is less than $3.00! (except for the ones on steroids over in the corner) I, just like my sis-in-law, love pumpkin pictures so here are a few.


Why do teenagers always have to act so cool. Here's a hint Luke, nobody looks cool holding a pumpkin so you might as well give up. He's a good sport though and always goes along with our plans and tries to make it fun for his brothers.

Here's Wade and his little shadow showing off their finds. We had a fun night and look forward to it again next year!

6 comments:

haley said...

Bargain pumpkins huh? It's better than paying 7 or 8 bucks at pumpkinland, I'll have to try it!
Luke looks as cool as 13 y/o can look holding a pumpkin. The one with wade and zach is way cute!
See you tomarrow!

Alli said...

I know, I love this time of year, such a nice change! You forgot to mention the boots though! I love boots, uggs, jeans, sweaters! Cute pumpkins...we'll be getting ours tomorrow night! Should be fun :)

Jodi Collins said...

I like fall as well - especially soup. I can't quit get ready for the cold yet - I want my summer back.

Jen said...

Looks like fun. You just reminded me that I had planned to take the kiddo to a pumpkin patch this year, but totally spaced it on Friday, when at Home Depot, Porter started screeching frantic pleas for a pumpkin from the giant bins in the front of the store. Looks like he gets two pumpkins this year.

haley said...

Carly started a blog and she doesn't think anyone will vistit.
Here is her blog, check it out if you want.
austinandcarly.blogspot.com

Lindsay Murdock said...

aw your family is so cute!! So after dinner I came home and set up my blog!! Check it out! See ya at Twilight next month!