Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Forks Washington Girls Trip

Ok, if you're not a fan of the Twilight series then you can just stop reading right now becaue you just won't 'get it' and I won't have any haters reading my blog. For the rest of you here goes. Last week a girlfriend (Hayley) and I went on a girl trip to Forks Washington to see it all with 1000 other crazy women. It was a freaking blast. I was an enthusiastic casual fan of the books so when the invitation came along I thought it would be fun to put a real picture with the images in my head. I was spot on. This is me at the entrance of the tiny little town.
The weather was dissapointingly sunny and warm but in the mornings we had a nice wet, cold marine layer that made everything just perfect. (twisted right?) Who wants it to be 80 degrees in Washington? We were thrilled when it cooled off enough to throw on the sweaters and boots in the mornings an evenings. This is us eating at the infamous 'Bella Italia' and yes I had the mushroom ravioli.
We did various Twilight related activities like hiking in the Hoh Rainforest, beautiful, and watching the Quileute tribe do an Indian Dance followed by bonfires and tribal legend storytelling on First Beach.
It was the funnest trip ever. I laughed so hard I had to change my undies daily. tee hee. There are alot of crazy people out there who take this much more seriously than I do, so we met alot of truly strange individuals. The people of the town were very gracious and appreciative of all the tourism $ we were dumping into their little po-dunk city.
If you too are a fan and would like to see the full photo collection to complete your visions send me comment with your e-mail address and i'll send you the link to my snapfish photo book. Thanks for reading and Go Spartans!

2 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I love this and I love that you went on this vacation. I'm glad to hear that you are not the craziest person out there.

Alli said...

Hey Girl! I'm Jealous:) Looks amazing! Funny...it looks just how I imagined it would! I'm glad you had fun! Cute blog!