Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cousins









This week my boys had the extreme pleasure of spending some quality time with their cousins Ellie and Jett. I don't know why this is a rare occurance since we only live 15 minutes away from each other, but it is. It seems like whenever they're together it's for a party at grandma's house and they never have enough time to really enjoy each other. They started their adventure filled evening playing on the slip and slide. I happened to snap a few pix of this moment. Jett kept saying how he was gonna sit in the 'wa wa'. Ellie was very persistent about showing us all her 'tinkerbell' swimming suit and telling us about all the accessories she had to accompany it. After this they gorged themselves on hot dogs fruit and chips. Jett is the only person who was allowed to sit in Zac's spot at the table. I don't think he realizes how fortunate he is. After dinner we all headed to Canyon View Park for some fun. They played on the playground, the monkey bars were the hit, swung on the swings (is that really a word?), teased the dog with her toy, then played wiffle baseball together. Upon returning home they had some chocolate cake of which they all said was 'yucky' then started to ride bikes and scooters around the block. This is when the real magic happened. Ellie had been struggling on her two-wheel bike at home, but wasn't going to let Zac beat her so she proceeded to teach herself how to ride on Zac's bike. Her mom and dad were pretty proud of her. Let's hope the good luck on the bike continues at home. As I was snuggling my boys in to bed that night and they were drilling me on when their cousins can all have a sleepover it dawned on me how much I really love these little offspring of our siblings and how I really want to have them around alot more. It made me want to call Jodi immediately and schedule a babysitting night with Paiton and Saige. I know she and Rory would have no objections to this. Children are the life and light of our lifes and they grow way too quickly. We need to enjoy them now while their young, even though it is definitely the most difficult time to raise them. Love ya kids! Aunt B.

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Sounds like a blast. I can't wait to bring my girls to you and let you spoil them rotten. Hey if we are lucky maybe Paiton will learn how to ride a bike - She can't figure out how to pedal. I agree that we don't see enough of the kids. Thanks for the offer - I will be taking you up on it soon.