Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Water boys... & Luke too!

 Another Birthday season come & gone... Phew! It is alot of work having all 3 of your kids birthday's within a month time span. Should have thought that through in my child-bearing days. As 2012's season comes to an end, I need to give credit where credit is due for all my creative outbursts. Pinterest baby! I don't know if it's a good thing, or a bad thing, but this years parties were much too creative. I guess that give me license to cop out next year and do the pool, laser tag, bowling thing once again. Just write a check & watch someone else do the scrambling & cleaning.

Zac's birthday presents were all consuming, fill that baseball need. His favorite was his new Boombah bat bag. Luke received a new Titleist Driver that he has since named 'Monica'. She is the perfect girlfriend. Always in your trunk when you need her ;-) (no photo attached, should be self explanatory)


We had a quick Sunday night combo stuff-your-face-with-cake party with family. 






 On to Zac's friend party! When throwing around party ideas for him he wanted to do the option which ensured that he could invite the maximum amount of friend to receive the most presents possible. He's 9, what do you expect. Greed is a problem in our family. I blame myself.
We decided on a water party in the yard, but when his guest list hit 20 I balked and moved it to the nearest park. 20 screaming 6-8 year old's on my 1/4 of an acre??? I think not.

Color scheme was green's and blue's like the water in the ocean. (I'm a sucker for a color scheme)





 Pinterest #1: Beach cupcakes



Pinterest #2: Starfish sugar cookies (thanks Mommy for making these!)



 To round out our 'water' themed food we had otter pops, Goldfish, Swedish fish...


and ocean blue sugary goodness liquid refreshment!


 We played tons of water balloon games. Toss the water balloon, water balloon baseball, transfer the water balloon without use of hands, etc.


Perhaps our favorite though was water balloon pinata's! (Pinterest #3) I bought a dozen color themed regular sized balloons, filled them with H20 until they looked like heavy utters, and Wade graciously hung them from the rafters for me. Blindfolded, the boys started swinging!



Those darn thing didn't want to break easily, but when they did it was good for a splash!


 Boys were hungry for snacks.


On to the piece-de-resistance. Thanks to my brilliant friend Hadley for this idea. I picked up a bunch of men's sized white tee's, and some dollar store water guns.

 The boys donned their personalized shirts..


And the colored water fight began. Zac was a favorite target for all the boys. Look at the glee!!!


 After all that they still weren't wet enough for their liking, so Wade doused them with buckets full of water. Finally they were dripping.

 Oh no wait.. I forgot. There were several blue punch bottles left so they just opened them up and squirted them all over each other. Boys...

Happy 9th to my Zac. Love you & your silly spirit bud!


 And to Luke too, at 17 he's still my right hand man, toting kids around, babysitting once a week, making dinners, and backing me up when my disciplinary hand is just not scary enough. Love you Luke. Don't know what I'm gonna do without him when he leaves for college next year. sniff sniff.




4 comments:

Natalie said...

You've done it again Mrs. Walker....you've done it again. You are the masters at color themes and parties. When I have kids I am calling you. I'll put you on speed dial.

Jodi Collins said...

What a great party! Great job!

walkerfamily said...

Dealio Mrs. Willmore. I'll be there with bells on.

Charlie and JD said...

That looks like the funnest party! You are such a sweet mom!