Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Homecoming

To say that I'm a controlling, Type A, Pushy Mom is for lack of a better word, an understatement. Luke has not been too excited about the High School 'Dance' life. He managed to completely avoid it his Sophomore year. I was not having any of that his Junior year. The kid is handsome. Has a job. Has a car. What could be more datable? Well, I bullied him into getting a date and going to Homecoming this year. Of course I dragged his BFF into the mix. I picked his outfit. Ordered his corsage (with a custom silver band from Austin Texas of course), made dinner reservations, planned his day date, and planned his after dance activity. It was going to be a fabulous day! Duh!

Well he last minute changed my day date activity, and threw my dinner reservations in the G-file and went with a large group of 10. The more the merrier. I'm just glad he finally showed a little initiative. They had a great time. He looked absolutely studly. On to the next bullying. Christmas Ball!


Luke and Lexi, Lewis and Nicole


Grandma Patsy pinning on the boutineer.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love that you had to push him in the right direction for the dance. Like I said, she's cute!
You're such a good mom. His outfit is classy and his date would have been amazing if it all panned out.