Monday, July 18, 2011

My All Star

This week Jake was invited to play in an All Star game. 30 boys in his age group were invited from the state of Utah. It was held at the BYU baseball/softball complex. The first day was a series of skills challenges. Speed off the bag, pitching speed, fielding accuracy, running speed, hitting velocity etc. He did a really great job and was thrilled to find out that out of the 30 he pitches 5th fastest clocked at 56 MPH. The fastest thrower was 63 MPH and he outweighed Jake by a mere 134 lbs. Pound for pound my little man throws a mean ball. The following day they split the boys into 3 teams and let them vs each other moving them around a lot to different positions. They got to play in the indoor training facilities for their first game and on the softball field for their second game. Beautiful facilities, well run program, all around great experience!

Jake's up to bat...


Jake's behind the mound...

Who would have thought I'd ever catch a picture of my son in a BYU dugout of all places?

The score of their final game. They won both but this one was a bit of a spanking.

My favorite pic of all. True life David vs Goliath. My little 68 lb stud vs his 202 lb opponent. That kid is bigger than the coach!

2 of my favorite Jake quotes...
"Being small just means you have to work twice as hard."
"I am 68 lbs of pure power!"

gotta love that confidence.... Love you bud!

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Sweet! I love that little guy all 68 pounds. LOL