Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jakey G's Golden Birthday

My little Jake turned 9 on May 9th. I can't believe how little he is getting. lol. We all know he is the runt in the family. He takes after my side regretfully. We are not big people. Seriously though, Jake is the most black and white kid I know. He is either giggly, and cracking up with his jokes, wanting to snuggle and play, or he is full of piss and vinegar, picking fights, throwing tantrums, and kicking doors. They say this type of volatility is the sign of a leader. That is true for Jake. He is a natural leader, and actually hates to follow anyone. He would rather forge his own path. Sometimes it comes down to the choice of following someone or being alone and he actually chooses being alone. He has never had any trouble entertaining himself. It's my favorite quality about Jake.

Jake is highly intelligent. He and Luke have spelling contests all the time and Jake can usually whip the 13 year old's butt. He has always been my one child that comes home directly from school and does his homework on his own with minimal instruction from me. As any mom knows this is a great blessing.

Jake is the comedian in our family. Sometimes he has the whole family in stitches from just a random comment he made. My 'weekly kid quote' is frequently from Jake. I have to try really hard to give equal publishing time to the other 2 boys because Jake is just so hilarious.
Jake's favorithing to do is play Baseball. He is currently on 2 baseball teams, one in Salem and one in Spanish Fork. He keeps us busy 4 - 5 nights a week with games and practices. He plays pitcher and catcher and is great at both!

We love you Jake and hope you had a great Golden Birthday.

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Happy Birthday Jake! What a great post.

haley said...

You and Wade are awesome parents! Your kids are so lucky to have you to tote them around to all kinds of sporting events and give the best birthday parties and gifts ever! Looks like a good birthday to me! Happy late birthday Jake!

Ethington Family said...

Oh, Tell Jake Happy Birthday!! It is hard for me to believe it has been that long since I have seen him. I will always hold a place in my heart for Luke and Jake. They are such good boys!
mary

Alli said...

He's such a cute kid! I hope he had a happy birthday! There must be something with middle children. Brooklyn does the same thing with her homework, and she's hillarious too =) Loved the pictures.